Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Display problems

peanny77

Cavy Slave
I went to the home page of this site on my phone today. When I tapped “Forum”, it was like this.I reloaded the page several times; even opened another tab/window, went to the home page then tapped “Forum” again, and it stayed the same. I’m not sure if everyone else got it or my phone is lagging and I need to restart it.The other websites are fine.

Attachments

65254698-FB27-4625-85F8-F81BA8B72763.jpg
Last edited:

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I get display problems when I have too many tabs open. Open your browser and see how many windows you've got open. It's easy to minimize them without closing them, and that can eventually cause memory problems.

peanny77

Cavy Slave
I have closed as many tabs as possible. Reloaded page but it didn’t change.Also I’m on my Iphone so I can’t minimize tabs...I’ll restart my phone to see if the page fixes itself.

[UPDATE] Nope, no changes. So it’s not because of my phone. [MENTION=13820]bpatters[/MENTION], could you go to the forum on your phone to check it out?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
It's fine on my phone.

peanny77

Cavy Slave
Really? What kind of phone do you use? I restarted mine but it didn’t fix itself. Maybe I should close all tabs then create a new one.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Mine's an Android.

What app do you use to view this site?

I'd close everything possible, delete that app and reinstall it, and then try again.

It's not likely to be problems with this site, because everyone would be complaining about it if it were. Since you're the only one having problems, it's undoubtedly something to do with your phone or the apps on it.

peanny77

Cavy Slave
I use an Iphone (iOS) to view this page. I use my browser Safari. It can’t be deleted...Ok, I’ll do what you say then see the results.
[UPDATE] NOTHING CHANGED. I deleted all tabs, restarted my phone and went to the page again and it.stayed.the.same. I’m not surprised if it’s because of my phone because it lags a lot but it should fix itself after restarting. No idea what’s wrong here and how to fix it.

Last edited:

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
If there's a way to clear the cache on your phones browser, try that. I use Android also and I know that I can clear cache from there. It may be that simple on yours too.

peanny77

Cavy Slave
If there's a way to clear the cache on your phones browser, try that. I use Android also and I know that I can clear cache from there. It may be that simple on yours too.

Oh my god. I did that but it didn’t work! I type “guineapigcages.com” in the search bar to go to the home page then tap “forum”, it still is like that. So now I’m using Tapatalk instead. Hopeless...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
The last thing I could suggest is a different browser. I'm not sure if Apple allows you to install a different browser, such as Google Chrome. But if it does, it might be worth a shot.

I just checked the Apple store and they do allow a Google Chrome download. That's what I use and have no trouble with it at all.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Does it do this on other sites or just on GPC?

If only on GPC, the only other thing I can think of to check is whether you've enlarged the display. If you can put your finger on it and slide it to see the other part of the page, you're using too large a display. I assume you reduce the display on an iPhone the same way you do an Android -- spread your fingers, put them on the screen, and pinch together.

peanny77

Cavy Slave
Does it do this on other sites or just on GPC?

If only on GPC, the only other thing I can think of to check is whether you've enlarged the display. If you can put your finger on it and slide it to see the other part of the page, you're using too large a display. I assume you reduce the display on an iPhone the same way you do an Android -- spread your fingers, put them on the screen, and pinch together.

I didn’t enlarge the display. The pic above was cropped. I said in my first post that only GPC got this problem. If I really did enlarge it, it should be back to normal after restarting/reloading/cache deletion. None of those methods worked. [MENTION=35161]Guinea Pig Papa[/MENTION] you’re right...I should get another browser or just use Tapatalk. Or maybe a new phone. :(((
33a6f08f8563089e266e91a0b18b7a67.jpg

Here is the page on Safari, uncropped. It’s the original display size.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.