Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Purpose of Batting in Hideys

• Thread starter twinklingturnip
  • Start date

twinklingturnip

Cavy Slave
When making hideys, what is the primary purpose of batting? Do the pigs enjoy the insulation/extra squish factor of having batting around the entire cozy, or is it moreso just for wicking purposes? If mostly wicking, would it make sense to use batting only on the floor side of hideys/beds/tents etc?

Smileandnod

Cavy Slave
The batting around the entire hidey provides structure so that it's more than just a limp blanket of fleece.

The batting in the bottom can provide for some cushy dry area between them and the wet absorbent material.

My pigs also clearly enjoy the cushy softness and a cushy pillow pad with extra batting is a favorite spot to stretch out & relax.

twinklingturnip

Cavy Slave
The batting around the entire hidey provides structure so that it's more than just a limp blanket of fleece.

The batting in the bottom can provide for some cushy dry area between them and the wet absorbent material.

My pigs also clearly enjoy the cushy softness and a cushy pillow pad with extra batting is a favorite spot to stretch out & relax.

This makes sense, thank you! I was planning to use some plastic canvas I have to create most of the structure inside, so that's mainly why I was asking but it makes sense that it helps with shaping. Considering I bought a giant roll of batting anyway (it was 40% off at Joann's when you buy in bulk!) I will probably go ahead and give them maximum cushiness on all sides!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.