Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Stands Ovarian cyst

Najimahaj97

Cavy Gazer
Hello every one!! It is my first time here and i need your help. I live in Azerbaijan and my guinea pig has ovarion cyst. I asked swveral doctors about what can we do obout this, they said that surgery is must do. Bu unfortunately we dont have vetclinics where the surgery of pigs can be done. As alternative doctor said tjat we can du Human Chorionic ginadrotopin. He doest have expeeienve in using it. But said that it is safe for my pet. Is there anyboty who has or had the same problem. Please share with me. I am afraid of using that medicine.

TheGuineaPigGal

Cavy Slave
Hello every one!! It is my first time here and i need your help. I live in Azerbaijan and my guinea pig has ovarion cyst. I asked swveral doctors about what can we do obout this, they said that surgery is must do. Bu unfortunately we dont have vetclinics where the surgery of pigs can be done. As alternative doctor said tjat we can du Human Chorionic ginadrotopin. He doest have expeeienve in using it. But said that it is safe for my pet. Is there anyboty who has or had the same problem. Please share with me. I am afraid of using that medicine.

I'm sorry your sow is experiencing this. My friend an elderly sow with an ovarian cyst, about 3 years ago. I think you mean Human Chorionic Gonadotropin, this is basically a injection that regulates hormones, as an ovarian cyst is usually do to elevated hormones, like estrogen. Just how old is your sow? Surgery is in general dangerous for guinea pigs, most likely because not many vets specialize in exsotic animals, you may have to find a vet that does specialize in exscotics, and has experience with performing surgeries on them. You could also ask neighbors that own exsotic animals, and ask them where the get there animal treated.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
The Human Gonadotropin is effective against some ovarian cysts in guinea pigs, but not in others. I'd far rather have an inexperienced vet give my pig the hormones than to have him perform surgery on the pig.

There is an online reference for veterinarians, VIN.com, which your vet should be able to access. Information on both treatments is available there.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.