Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Empty cage in need of resident

KyKyMarie77

Cavy Slave
So I have three cages that are 39 1/2 x 21 x 18 and am unsure what type of animals would be fit in there and still be a good amount of space. I’m open to any recommendations, they can be reptiles as well, any type of animal recommendation would be much appreciated!!

Soecara

Cavy Slave
They are probably not a good cage for reptiles simply because it would be hard to keep the heat and humidity right.

Perhaps something like button quails/king quails (same bird, name differs depending on your country)? I have kept breeding pairs of my king quails in "rabbit" cages in the past, you just need to consider the door size and how easily the birds scare, I had them inside a building because the doors went the whole length of the cage and I must say that was a wise choice as I did have a quail escape the cage on a couple separate instances and they can fly a surprising distance. A different cage of similar size I had happened to have a smaller door that was about 1/4 the length of a cage so the birds never jumped out of that one.

KyKyMarie77

Cavy Slave
They are actually hand made cages and only the front has the mesh chicken wire on the door. Ive thought abt birds before too, I originally was going to stack them up all three of them for two girl guinea pigs, but after doing more research I realized that wasn’t proper housing, but they are already built and I feel bad wasting that much materials and money on them to have them sitting

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.