Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C C&C sound construction basics questions

qtGuinea

Cavy Gazer
20201217_132701.jpg

So trying to wrap my mind around the finer points of guinea pig cage building. What I would like to accomplish is to have a cage/stand that is 3x5 (maybe add a 1x5 loft with 2 ramps) where I can store things under it. I have storage containers with feed, hay, bedding pellets that roll. I also will need fleece bedding storage. It has to be cat proof (one of our cats looks at the piggies like mmm snacks and the other looks at them like they are kittens but if one comes towards her she panics and runs, neither of them mess with the cage now). I either will need to have the back wall and one side be cloroplast further up or those plastic panels, because we have baseboard heat and a window on that side. I figure this will help to regulate the heat in the cage and keep poops or hay from going in the baseboard or my angsty teen girls from peeing on the wall (not that it isn't gloss and can be wiped and I have extra paint). Front and top open and a side door, so we can sit on the couch and interact with the guinea pigs.

Questions:
Can a 3 grid span stay solid (even if a 14lb cat decides to take a nap on top of the pictured design would it hold up?

Would it be better to use grids with high cloroplast or plastic pannels?

Anyone seeing any glaring issues with my idea?

qtGuinea

Cavy Gazer
Not sure why the picture was upside down. It isn't on my phone ��‍♀️.. flipped it and its still upside down

Attachments

20201217_132701.jpg

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
There are jillions of pictures in the photo galleries that will help you decide what is possible.

A piece of closet shelving is a very sturdy lid and will support a small elephant. A cat will be no problem.

qtGuinea

Cavy Gazer
Another question: what is the best ramp angle or up by over in inches

qtGuinea

Cavy Gazer
@bpatters thank you. Yes completely thinking of using Organizational shelf for the top and maybe front side.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.