Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Intro: Hi! I used to be a 2 guinea pig owner but now 4!

MomoPrincess

Cavy Slave
Hello, I'm Maya. I adopted two female guinea pigs, one was the mother and other one was the daughter. Since I bought them from craigslist (not a good idea lol), 2 months later both of my guinea pigs had babies but only Momo ones' survived. We named the babies Snow because she was born in the first snow of the year and other one Batman because he has black fur around the eyes.

This forum has helped me so much in these past months with mites, fungal infections, etc. and I hope I can help other guinea piggies owners too :)

Btw here's a picture of Momo (the one of the left) and Princess (the one on the right)
momo and princess.jpg
And here's Batman (on left) and Snow (on the right)
batman and snow.jpg

MerryFriarTuck

Cavy Slave
Welcome! This forum is wonderful, and I love the story behind your piggies names.

How old are Batman and Snow? Is Batman neutered? Just checking, because if he isn't and they live together, you could very well have babies again...

I hope you enjoy helping, and the support and info to be found here! :)

MomoPrincess

Cavy Slave
Batman and Snow are currently a "wheek" old. Batman isn't neutered yet, I'm kind of worried what's going to happen after 2 wheeks. I would have to separate him and he's going to be lonely, maybe I should adopt a new male guinea pig...?

MerryFriarTuck

Cavy Slave
Yay, you're doing everything right! I'll let someone with more bonding experience than me answer. But you could absolutely get him a new male friend once he's 3 "wheeks" old :) You would have to quarantine a new piggy before they live together, 2 week quarantine is ideal if I remember right.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
If you're going to get another male, I'd go ahead and do it. You have to separate the new pup at three weeks of age, and a lonely baby guinea pig is pitiful enough to break your heart. If you've already got a male ready to pair him with, you'll save him (and yourself) a lot of grief.

TheGuineaPigGal

Cavy Slave
Cute pigs!!!!!!!! :D

MomoPrincess

Cavy Slave
I just figured out snow was male and batman was female....

dovehumphrey

Cavy Slave
Hello there cuties. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.