Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Fleece flippers and the coroplast tray

• Thread starter HopefulRomantic
  • Start date

HopefulRomantic

Cavy Slave
Hi all,

I've been using fleece flippers for I guess about over a year. I love how I can clean and just change the sections needed, but I had issues with them when I first started using, which bowed the coroplast out. I thought it was the way I was putting them together, so kept at it, working on my assembling of them. But now over a year, it still has pushed my coroplast walls out.

I haven't been able to find anywhere that anyone else has had this issue. I did have a C&C cage from piggy bedspread (a 2x4 cage), and wondered if perhaps the dimensions are slightly off than one from the GP Cage Store.

I think I am going to buy a new tray & grids for my girls, and re-purpose this one.
I just don't want the bowing to occur again, so I am debating about switching to cage liners, and just use the flipper sleeve & u-haul to give extra padding or material in the heavy soiled hay area (they use it as a potty also).

Does anyone have any input or suggestions? I don't mean this as an attack on the flippers, please don't take it this way, just trying to find some answers.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Can't you just trim the flippers a bit?

HopefulRomantic

Cavy Slave
Can't you just trim the flippers a bit?

Such an easy solution & answer, I hadn't thought of that! Funny, how that goes sometimes! :)

Thanks so much, bpatters, I will try that! :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.