Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ramps DIY Ramp Questions

• Thread starter twinklingturnip
  • Start date

twinklingturnip

Cavy Slave
Hello! I am looking into building my cage with an offset 2x2 loft and have just begun looking into DIY ramp options. I am planning to use this base: WIDE Loft Coro for Inset Ramp - Coro Bases - Cagetopia (guineapigcagesstore.com) and am wondering a few things.
  • With this "inset" option, I will not need to cut any grid on the floor of the loft right? It is just cut out for the ramp entrance? Or should I opt for the uncut version for an outset ramp? I guess I am just a little confused on the difference between the two lol!
  • Bending grids seems to be the easiest route, but I won't have any extra coroplast to line it with since I plan to buy my coro bases premade. What could I use instead of coroplast to line my ramp?
  • Could I get away with putting one grid panel on the front of the loft and leave the other side open, with the coroplast base in the loft acting as the barrier, instead of making a cutout portal type grid? I am just not sure what the purpose of using two grids on the front side would be besides looks and I would rather not cut a grid if possible.
  • Is it necessary to put an additional grid on the side of the cage beside the ramp? The ramp side of the cage will probably be up against a wall in my house if that makes any difference.
Finally, has anyone had a great experience with just buying a ramp instead of making their own haha?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.