Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New member here! :)

dovehumphrey

Cavy Slave
Hi guys! I'm a new member here! I'm planning to get guinea pigs, hoping you can help me how to take care guinea pigs. :)

TheGuineaPigGal

Cavy Slave
GREETINGS!!! Welcome to the forum! And we can surely help you with care! To start off with, this forum is against buying piggies from pet stores, as there are plenty of pigs in shelters needing loving homes and hearts, guinea pigs are social animals, so you are better off getting two, or a herd. There are also bonded pairs or trios, but if you do end up buying your piggies from a store, please note that only 20% of boar bondings are successful, and 80% of sow bondings are successful. If you are planning on getting one boar and one sow, make sure one of them is spayed or neutered, as guinea pigs will not hesitate to make little baby pigs. (It's not that they are not cute, it's just that they are hard on the mama) Some shelters offer bonding services, so you can have "piggie play dates" to see how the two get along. I am very tired. I am sure our other valued members can addition on to this, but if not I can give you more information in the morning. Goodnight:)

dovehumphrey

Cavy Slave
Hi there. Thanks for your very informative response. I will surely take note of this and update you soon. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.