Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Genitals My pig leaves brown stain on the floor and its genitals, i wonder if its diarrhea?

jovieva

Cavy Gazer
Hello, i wonder why my guinea pigs produce this brown liquid like diarrhea, but he still produce normal poop. So im wondering if its really diarrhea or other sickness? The liquid also does not really smell like anything. help 😢

Attachments

1C9E8EAF-E729-410E-BCC4-B69713B151C6.jpg 7A74BEFE-814C-4B34-AE1A-DC8954F52D73.jpg

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
That sure looks like diarrhea to me. What do you feed him?

jovieva

Cavy Gazer
That sure looks like diarrhea to me. What do you feed him?

He actually just got back from pets hotel and the person that takes care of him said that they gave him almost only pellets.

Usually before he went to the hotel, I gave my guinea pig a mix of pellet and fruits&veggies diet.

What should i do to help him get rid of the diarrhea?

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
First thing I would do is cut out all the fruits and veggies. Give him water, good quality pellets and good quality timothy hay as those are the most important staples of his diet. Timothy hay is the most important thing to his diet.

Gradually reintroduce the fruit and/or veggies one at a time, gradually over days. If the diarrhea repeats itself, remove whatever the last one added was from his diet.

Fruits should be avoided as much as possible, as pigs really don't process sugar well and can even develop diabetes.

Check out this chart to see what your piggy should have, and how often

https://www.guineapigcages.com/foru...vy-Nutrition-Charts-amp-Poisonous-Plants-List

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.