Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Won't Eat Veggies Difficulty with Veg

LordOfThePigs

Cavy Slave
My new pigs have never seen a vegetable in their lives. I'm trying the dicing method (mixing it in with their pellets) with little luck, but I've only had them for roughly four days. They'll eat the veg if it's mixed in but have yet to try any bigger pieces. Can you give me some pointers on how to make it more appealing? How long did it take your pigs to eat veggies using this method?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
You've been here before, so you know there are a bunch of different forums with stickies at the top. And if you look at the Diet and Nutrition forum, you'll find that the very top sticky is "How to teach a guinea pig to eat vegetables."

luna1ofmypigs

Cavy Gazer
So I had the same problem when I first got my guinea pig theywould not eat vegetables and I was really worried and I tried and tried and tried and went to the vet and I tried what they said it wouldn't work So what I did is my friend had two guinea pigs and they eat vegetables so we'd like a pignick and try to introduce them to vegetables( they got along fine) that helped a little be a little extra for people but it worked a bit and then I just kind of kept introducing it vegetables put them in the cage brought them out at floor time and eventually they started eating them so maybe that'll work

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.