Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage DO NOT buy these cages!

• Thread starter TheGuineaPigGal
  • Start date

Rosiethecutepig

Cavy Slave
When my older brother was little he wanted to get a hamster and when he went to the pet store the employee said that its ok to get two hamsters. (IDK if he was mixing them up with guinea pigs or wanted to make more money.) My brother didn't know any better so he got two hamsters and guess what happened. The hamsters fought and one got killed by the other one. So when I tried to get to get two guinea pigs my parents said I could only get one cuz they thought they would "fight". I still wonder to this day where Rosie's sister is and if she's ok...

Rosiethecutepig

Cavy Slave
images

GuineaPigQueen1

Cavy Slave
When my older brother was little he wanted to get a hamster and when he went to the pet store the employee said that its ok to get two hamsters. (IDK if he was mixing them up with guinea pigs or wanted to make more money.) My brother didn't know any better so he got two hamsters and guess what happened. The hamsters fought and one got killed by the other one. So when I tried to get to get two guinea pigs my parents said I could only get one cuz they thought they would "fight". I still wonder to this day where Rosie's sister is and if she's ok...
I am very sorry about the hamster thing and wondering what happened to the other guinea pig. Still wondering how Lulu and Princess’ old cage mates are. I get the feeling.

TheGuineaPigGal

Cavy Slave
This really has nothing to do with this thread, but I was looking at starter kits for animals, and I saw a cage labled for guinea pigs that was wayy too small, so I look at the desc. and it says this:

Warning: To avoid injury, remove the pet's collar prior to use.
Advice for Use: Gradually help your pet to accept the containment. Do not leave unsupervised for extended periods of time. Use care to avoid pinching of fingers during assembly.

Who puts collars on guinea pigs?

GuineaPigQueen1

Cavy Slave
This really has nothing to do with this thread, but I was looking at starter kits for animals, and I saw a cage labled for guinea pigs that was wayy too small, so I look at the desc. and it says this:

Advice for Use: Gradually help your pet to accept the containment. Do not leave unsupervised for extended periods of time. Use care to avoid pinching of fingers during assembly.

Who puts collars on guinea pigs?
Messed up people and uneducated guinea pig owners or kids. Some people think it is cute but it isn’t ,same with harnesses. Probably the brand sells collars for guinea pigs. Also some people get wrong pet care from movies. For example one movie was using a term of someone using their guinea pig for a class project and feed him dairy. ( Dairy is bad for piggies and the kid was supposedly the smartest kid in school)

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
It’s probably a general statement they use on all their small-animal cages including dogs and cats. Or their company attorneys told them to say that.

TheGuineaPigGal

Cavy Slave
It’s probably a general statement they use on all their small-animal cages including dogs and cats. Or their company attorneys told them to say that.

Either way, Gp´s dont wear collars.

4boipigs

Valued Contributor
Cavy Slave

Likely says that because pets wearing collars in cages are at high risk to get the collar caught and strangle themselves. Some people use the smaller cages as transport cages for puppies, cats, and piggies. I see it a lot at my job. It's probably not a pig oriented warning.

GuineaPigQueen1

Cavy Slave

JmBrown89

Cavy Gazer
It seems to me that it is too small even for one resident, not to mention to fit a couple or more there. And she looks like a toy. So this is definitely a bad choice.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.