Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Thread: DO NOT buy these cages!

  1. #21
    Cavy Slave Rosiethecutepig's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 10, 2020
    Location
    Coeur d' Alene ID
    Posts
    162
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    77
    Thanks
    26 Rec'd/20 Posts

    Re: DO NOT buy these cages!

    When my older brother was little he wanted to get a hamster and when he went to the pet store the employee said that its ok to get two hamsters. (IDK if he was mixing them up with guinea pigs or wanted to make more money.) My brother didn't know any better so he got two hamsters and guess what happened. The hamsters fought and one got killed by the other one. So when I tried to get to get two guinea pigs my parents said I could only get one cuz they thought they would "fight". I still wonder to this day where Rosie's sister is and if she's ok...

  2. #22
    Cavy Slave Rosiethecutepig's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 10, 2020
    Location
    Coeur d' Alene ID
    Posts
    162
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    77
    Thanks
    26 Rec'd/20 Posts

    Re: DO NOT buy these cages!


  3. #23
    Cavy Slave
    Joined
    Feb 17, 2021
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Thanks
    1
    Thanks
    18 Rec'd/16 Posts

    Re: DO NOT buy these cages!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rosiethecutepig View Post
    When my older brother was little he wanted to get a hamster and when he went to the pet store the employee said that its ok to get two hamsters. (IDK if he was mixing them up with guinea pigs or wanted to make more money.) My brother didn't know any better so he got two hamsters and guess what happened. The hamsters fought and one got killed by the other one. So when I tried to get to get two guinea pigs my parents said I could only get one cuz they thought they would "fight". I still wonder to this day where Rosie's sister is and if she's ok...
    I am very sorry about the hamster thing and wondering what happened to the other guinea pig. Still wondering how Lulu and Princess’ old cage mates are. I get the feeling.

  4. "Thank you, GuineaPigQueen1, for this useful post," says:


  5. #24
    Cavy Slave TheGuineaPigGal's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 23, 2020
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    269
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Thanks
    123
    Thanks
    41 Rec'd/38 Posts

    Re: DO NOT buy these cages!

    This really has nothing to do with this thread, but I was looking at starter kits for animals, and I saw a cage labled for guinea pigs that was wayy too small, so I look at the desc. and it says this:


    Warning: To avoid injury, remove the pet's collar prior to use.
    Advice for Use: Gradually help your pet to accept the containment. Do not leave unsupervised for extended periods of time. Use care to avoid pinching of fingers during assembly.


    Who puts collars on guinea pigs?

  6. #25
    Cavy Slave
    Joined
    Feb 17, 2021
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Thanks
    1
    Thanks
    18 Rec'd/16 Posts

    Re: DO NOT buy these cages!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGuineaPigGal View Post
    This really has nothing to do with this thread, but I was looking at starter kits for animals, and I saw a cage labled for guinea pigs that was wayy too small, so I look at the desc. and it says this:


    Warning: To avoid injury, remove the pet's collar prior to use.
    Advice for Use: Gradually help your pet to accept the containment. Do not leave unsupervised for extended periods of time. Use care to avoid pinching of fingers during assembly.


    Who puts collars on guinea pigs?
    Messed up people and uneducated guinea pig owners or kids. Some people think it is cute but it isn’t ,same with harnesses. Probably the brand sells collars for guinea pigs. Also some people get wrong pet care from movies. For example one movie was using a term of someone using their guinea pig for a class project and feed him dairy. ( Dairy is bad for piggies and the kid was supposedly the smartest kid in school)

  7. #26
    Cavy Slave ItsaZoo's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 08, 2018
    Location
    Central MN
    Posts
    550
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Thanks
    13
    Thanks
    137 Rec'd/131 Posts

    Re: DO NOT buy these cages!

    It’s probably a general statement they use on all their small-animal cages including dogs and cats. Or their company attorneys told them to say that.

  8. #27
    Cavy Slave TheGuineaPigGal's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 23, 2020
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    269
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Thanks
    123
    Thanks
    41 Rec'd/38 Posts

    Re: DO NOT buy these cages!

    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaZoo View Post
    It’s probably a general statement they use on all their small-animal cages including dogs and cats. Or their company attorneys told them to say that.

    Either way, Gp´s dont wear collars.

  9. #28
    Cavy Slave Rosiethecutepig's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 10, 2020
    Location
    Coeur d' Alene ID
    Posts
    162
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Thanks
    77
    Thanks
    26 Rec'd/20 Posts

    Re: DO NOT buy these cages!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGuineaPigGal View Post
    Either way, Gp´s dont wear collars.
    Agreed.

  10. "Thank you, Rosiethecutepig, for this useful post," says:


  11. #29
    Cavy Slave 4boipigs's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 12, 2021
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    234
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Thanks
    2
    Thanks
    37 Rec'd/29 Posts

    Re: DO NOT buy these cages!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGuineaPigGal View Post


    Warning: To avoid injury, remove the pet's collar prior to use.
    Advice for Use: Gradually help your pet to accept the containment. Do not leave unsupervised for extended periods of time. Use care to avoid pinching of fingers during assembly.

    Likely says that because pets wearing collars in cages are at high risk to get the collar caught and strangle themselves. Some people use the smaller cages as transport cages for puppies, cats, and piggies. I see it a lot at my job. It's probably not a pig oriented warning.

  12. "Thank you, 4boipigs, for this useful post," says:


  13. #30
    Cavy Slave
    Joined
    Feb 17, 2021
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Thanks
    1
    Thanks
    18 Rec'd/16 Posts

    Re: DO NOT buy these cages!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGuineaPigGal View Post
    Either way, Gp´s dont wear collars.
    Agreed and I have never heard a guinea pig wear a collar before just those cruel harnesses .

  14. #31
    Cavy Newbie
    Joined
    Mar 24, 2021
    Location
    USA, Texas
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks
    0
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts

    Re: DO NOT buy these cages!

    It seems to me that it is too small even for one resident, not to mention to fit a couple or more there. And she looks like a toy. So this is definitely a bad choice.

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •