Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Vet Costs Nationwide Pet Insurance

Artista

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Thought I'd share... I got insurance for bella and bianka. Great deal. I'm in the bay area california which everything is pricey. They each have their own policy. Bianka was easy. 3 mo old no need to see if there are preexisting conditions. Bella 3 yo last week I got an email saying need medical records from sept 2019 through now. Bella hasn't been seen during this time frame. Called them and said to take her in for an exam. Then send the medical record. So I took her to another vet who sees exotics since mine is booked out 2 months. She checked out fine. Paid $84. Then an hour later I check my email and bella is approved as well, no preexisting conditions. I hadn't sent the record over yet. I called and no need. So I'm out $84 but thrilled both girls are effective Oct 5 with no preexisting conditions.

I got their highest plan. Wellness something. Everything covered but grooming basically. Routine check ups and spays/neuters have been added for exotics recently. These used to be no. Awesome! So their plan is $60 a month for both, premium. $100 deductible. 90% reimbursement after deductible is met. Now the sales guy didn't mention the $100 deductible option. He said $250. I asked if there was a lower deductible option. Oh yeah... The difference in premium from 250 to 100 is $8 a month more or $16 a month for both. Sounded better to me so went with that. There is no max/cap. It's the cadillac plan of plans. I'm beyond thrilled and relieved that I won't go broke if they need more than routine exams!

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
I have never bought pet insurance but a local vet did offer kind of an HMO plan that included exams, office visits, and routine vaccinations. So that was nice when I just needed to have our dog seen.

This pet insurance should offer peace of mind that medical issues are covered as they arise.

i think we should be able to use health savings accounts for our pets just as we can for family members.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.