Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Genitals My female guinea pigs genitals are hurting and very swollen

MissyWooWoo

Cavy Slave
My 2 year old female guinea pig has another issue. Zoey has some serious issues in her genitals area. I’m not so sure on how to describe it so I will inset a photo and let that do the talking. She arches her back and is in pain when she pees/poos and has been crying a lot. She also has lost some of her appetite recently and has been noticeably less active. She also had a cyst removed by a vet late July and healed very well from it. I also only discovered this yesterday night.
1CD86247-C53F-47B8-80C2-44C0447CA436.jpg

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
She needs an exotic vet, ASAP.

I'd soak her butt in warm water for a while, and see if any of that stuff will wash off. It looks as though there's an open sore, and that needs to be cleaned up.

MissyWooWoo

Cavy Slave
Thank you so much! Do you know where the sore could possibly be from? Is there any cream or anything that could help?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I don't know, because I don't know what it is. Clean it up and post another picture and we'll see if we can figure something out.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.