Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Conditions Bella Rose latest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artista

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Bella Rose weight is around 950 gm. 937 gm 2 days later now. Has"holes" in her fur but don't see skin. So don't know what that is. Gave her a bath with Davis miconazole shampoo and put tolnaftate antifungal cream on her feet since paws had a little white flake type thing as is red. Have an appt for her at her regular vet oct 15. I'm concerned I feel a hard round something above her private part. Pees fine though can't tell if it's stream or not. Don't see her strain. Poops fine. Seems refreshed after months of no bath. I wash her in a rectangular Tupperware so I saw the water was a little dirty. Blow dried her till mostly dry. So oct 15 check. Will take the ultrasound taken at Adobe Hospital a year ago showing a 5mm cyst on 1 ovary and 8mm on the other. So that's the latest on Bella Rose.
Here's the pic of the holey fur..

Artista

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
She's on and off with all veggies. Never finishes her dish. Bianka 10 week old finishes it all. Lettuce and radicchio she bege for so I give her more to compensate for the disinterest in non leafy vegs. Up to today bath day she was lying around more. Now it's better post bath. Really think that bath after months of none has reawaken her. I didn't dump water on her head but did wet it enough to refreshen and maybe remove dust. With the wildfires and bad air even with everything closed still some gets in. So seeing this difference in her feeling refreshed, once a season she'll get a bath, and if she is dirty. I'm no longer in the no baths unless dirty camp. They preen but can't get everywhere and all of it. So once a season min, more if there's an issue.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
You already have a thread for Bella Rose. Please keep all medical posts on the same thread.

I'm closing this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.