Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rest Easy Sweet Boy

scoottie

Cavy Slave
I have been putting this off and or not wanting to post this but my sweet boy Leo suddenly passed away last night in his sleep and of course my mind goes what happened? What went wrong? Could I have prevented this? What could have caused a very healthy 5 year old to suddenly pass away in his sleep. I feel guilty I know I shouldn't but I do. I know I couldn't have done anything.

I miss my sweet boy and now I have a rather small but large hole in my heart.

12/11/15 - 9/4/20
FB_IMG_1599234197524.jpg

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry you lost him. Try not to beat yourself up. You gave him a good life.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry you lost little Leo, [MENTION=36499]scoottie[/MENTION]. It hits home for me because I have a little Leo with similar colours.

Sometimes, we'll just never know what happens. Knowing never seems to bring them back. I wish it did.

Rest in peace, Leo. The Rainbow Bridge is an amazing place with the greenest grass, amazing veggies and a whole lot of furry new friends. Have fun until your family comes to take you home with them.

scoottie

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry you lost little Leo, [MENTION=36499]scoottie[/MENTION]. It hits home for me because I have a little Leo with similar colours.

Sometimes, we'll just never know what happens. Knowing never seems to bring them back. I wish it did.

Rest in peace, Leo. The Rainbow Bridge is an amazing place with the greenest grass, amazing veggies and a whole lot of furry new friends. Have fun until your family comes to take you home with them.

Thank you I will be cremating him and spreading his ashes in a pasture.

Kelsie

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for your loss. I think those unexpected deaths are the hardest to deal with. Leo was a beautiful boy. I'm sure he enjoyed each minute of those five years in your loving care.

Rest In Peace, sweet boy.

peanny77

Cavy Slave
I’m so sorry you lost your sweetheart.I’ve lost my baby Durian recently and I can totally relate to you.I’ve also lost 2 pigs at the same time and the same way a year and a half ago,and the pain was unbearable.Please,don’t blame yourself for it.He don’t want his awesome owner to be hurt.He had a great life and had passed peacefully in his sleep.He’s in a better place now,and nothing on this earth could bother him.Popcorn free,Leo!

scoottie

Cavy Slave
Thank you everyone this morning I was expecting to be woken up by loud wheeks and didn't hear them. Leo was my loud boy always wanting food but really never attention.

JZSKH

Cavy Slave
Definitely don't beat yourself up over it. I am sure you gave Leo a splendid life. I was doing the same mental exercise when our seemingly healthy guy died unexpectedly. I kept thinking to myself what I could have done better, or how I could have saved him. Sometimes the time has just come. Very sorry for your loss!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.