Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

URI/Upper Respiratory Infection Possible Uri?

• Thread starter Patches_puddles
  • Start date

Patches_puddles

Cavy Slave
Hi!
I have three guineas. Recently, our mocha was taking Orbax for a possible uri. She had a runny nose, he said her lungs and everything sounded great but to be on the safe side, he decided to medicate her. It’s been about two weeks since she’s finished her Orbax. However, I had penelope out today and one of her eyes had very little crustys on it and both of her nostrils had this brownish discharge on the inside. He gave me enough medicine Incase penelope got sick as well. I checked mocha out and her eyes are fine, except in one of her nostrils, she had a little bit of that brown discharge too. Not very much at all. I was planning to call the vet so he can prescribe the dosage for penelope, which is what he told me to do. I’m worried about that little bit of discharge in mochas nose, after she was medicated for an uri.
I also added some pictures. It’s hard to see but may have to zoom in a bit to see more!
Any opinions are greatly appreciated! :)

Attachments

127DD811-F61E-4473-8269-BA108BF6E1AB.jpg 70FCC27C-D3F4-4635-8C4F-65355AC79509.jpg

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
I would provide these pictures to your vet and see what he thinks. Also, if there is any sneezing, rubbing the eyes, etc., a short video for the vet would be helpful in making a decision on treatment.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.