Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Possible Uri?

Hi!
    I have three guineas. Recently, our mocha was taking Orbax for a possible uri. She had a runny nose, he said her lungs and everything sounded great but to be on the safe side, he decided to medicate her. Its been about two weeks since shes finished her Orbax. However, I had penelope out today and one of her eyes had very little crustys on it and both of her nostrils had this brownish discharge on the inside. He gave me enough medicine Incase penelope got sick as well. I checked mocha out and her eyes are fine, except in one of her nostrils, she had a little bit of that brown discharge too. Not very much at all. I was planning to call the vet so he can prescribe the dosage for penelope, which is what he told me to do. Im worried about that little bit of discharge in mochas nose, after she was medicated for an uri.
    I also added some pictures. Its hard to see but may have to zoom in a bit to see more!
    Any opinions are greatly appreciated! :)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	127DD811-F61E-4473-8269-BA108BF6E1AB.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	87277   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	70FCC27C-D3F4-4635-8C4F-65355AC79509.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	87278  

Thanks
    Thanks
    93 Rec'd/89 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)

Re: Possible Uri?

I would provide these pictures to your vet and see what he thinks. Also, if there is any sneezing, rubbing the eyes, etc., a short video for the vet would be helpful in making a decision on treatment.

User Tag List