Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Diet Help - My guinea pig ate part of a puppy pad??

julifhy

Cavy Slave
I recently adopted a new guinea pig and put a puppy pad under a fleece blanket, until I get a proper fleece liner and my guinea pig ate part of it?? She probably ate 3-4 inches of the plastic part of the puppy pad. Will she be okay? Is there anything I should do? I never had a problem like this before.

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
Cavies LOVE the blue plastic on puppy pads! :eek:hmy: If you use them, you must fold this part under so that (broken link removed) they can't see it, and (broken link removed) they can't get to it. If you use puppy pads, best course of action may be to cut off the overhanging blue part. The attractant put into these pads to get puppies and others to use it also seems to attract guinea pigs.

She *could* possibly develop an intestinal blockage if she ate a lot, although none of my cavies ever displayed any issues. Just watch her over the next few days to be sure that it doesn't cause a problem for her.

julifhy

Cavy Slave
Cavies LOVE the blue plastic on puppy pads! :eek:hmy: If you use them, you must fold this part under so that (broken link removed) they can't see it, and (broken link removed) they can't get to it. If you use puppy pads, best course of action may be to cut off the overhanging blue part. The attractant put into these pads to get puppies and others to use it also seems to attract guinea pigs.

She *could* possibly develop an intestinal blockage if she ate a lot, although none of my cavies ever displayed any issues. Just watch her over the next few days to be sure that it doesn't cause a problem for her.
Ty! I didn’t know this! I’m going to Joann’s Fabric today to get materials for a proper fleece liner. How could I tell she might develop an intestinal blockage? She seems to be alright so far.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
If she's pooping, she's not blocked.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.