Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cleaning COMPLETELY De-odorize Dominant Pig's Smell?

bonbonandco

Cavy Slave
Hello,

I was wondering what everyone else uses to completely get rid of old piggy smells. I'm planning to scrub down with Nature's Miracle Small Animal Cage Scrubbing Wipes & water+vinegar on C&C bars and chloroplast.
My dominant pig is quite territorial and we just got a new younger piggy, so I'm trying to deep clean to have a fresh start for both pigs, or so at least for my old pig to think it isn't his place anymore.

Thanks!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
You'll never get rid of the boar smell with two male pigs. The vinegar and water will take care of existing smells in the cage, but they'll remark their territory over and over again. The only way to completely get rid of it is to trade these two in on two sows! :)

bonbonandco

Cavy Slave
You'll never get rid of the boar smell with two male pigs. The vinegar and water will take care of existing smells in the cage, but they'll remark their territory over and over again. The only way to completely get rid of it is to trade these two in on two sows! :)

Well, does vinegar and water at least completely get rid of the existing boar smell for a new introduction between two male pigs?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Yes, it should do that. It'll clean most anything. It's just that two boars together are going to emit boar "stank," and there's nothing to be done about it.

Rosiethecutepig

Cavy Slave
I put lavender by their cage. It also helps with fleas and such. I don't know if it's ok for males?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.