Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Vegetables Bell peppers specifically

Artista

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I really hope Bella Rose doesn't teach Bianka Bella to hate peppers. As a baby, no problem. Hopefully it stays when Bianka joins Bella later this month.

Since Bella loved frozen husk strips I'm going to try the same with peppers. I washed fresh green, yellow and orange peppers and cut them into thin strips. In the freezer in ice cube trays for an hour to freeze then transfer to freezer bags. This is so they won't stick together in the bag. If this doesn't work then Bella is deemed the most stubborn anti pepper gp!

If diced into pellets the pellets either won't get eaten or she'll dump the bowl and pick out the pellets. She is gifted this way.
Only thing Bella will eat are lettuce, radicchio, endive, and cuke. Zucchini and tomato are on the no list now.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
If you dice them small enough on the pellets, she can't help but eat some of them. For size, think about a pencil eraser cut into 12-15 pieces. Tiny pieces. She'll get enough to get used to them.

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
Mine loves the green peppers when they're frozen, so hopefully that works for you.

Artista

Cavy Slave
Mine loves the green peppers when they're frozen, so hopefully that works for you.

Oh good. Plus I read once they are cut they slowly start losing nutrients. So freezing preserves nutrients. Never occured to me before.

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
I usually have some pepper strips in the freezer. We had some really hot weather this summer and the frozen peppers must have tasted pretty good. And then I don't have to worry about running out of fresh peppers.

Artista

Cavy Slave
I usually have some pepper strips in the freezer. We had some really hot weather this summer and the frozen peppers must have tasted pretty good. And then I don't have to worry about running out of fresh peppers.

Bella seems to be ok with the very thin linguini cut frozen strips. Just need to give 1 at a time. Kind of a pain in that way. Ate 1.5 strips. So not totally bonkers for it. I just noticed in Bianka's dish when thawed it is softer. Ugh. She was nuts about peppers but now it's a little then meh. I give up. They only love leaves items. Never a problem with lettuce, radicchio, endive. I'm wasting so much money on other veggies. So frustrating. I think I need to just think "whatever" if they don't eat other non leafy stuff. I don't know why I get worked up. I don't do anything near for myself that I worry about with them. Ugh

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
The rule is, they like it until you restock your supply. Then they're not interested anymore!

Artista

Cavy Slave
So it seems the popsickle peppers which I call pepsickle is working with bella. These very warm days are assisting I'm sure. I give a couple thin strips in the am and 3 in late afternoon. I'll try another at night. Peppers are just not her thing. Bianka also isn't wolfing her diced ones down but she will eat some. Glad they both love kms fresh pellets or I'd be more stressed about the c!

Artista

Cavy Slave
Cut raw zucchini in the freezer. We'll see if this works. Really want her to eat more than leafy stuff..

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.