Thanks
    Thanks
    570 Rec'd/439 Posts
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)

Bell peppers specifically

I really hope Bella Rose doesn't teach Bianka Bella to hate peppers. As a baby, no problem. Hopefully it stays when Bianka joins Bella later this month.

Since Bella loved frozen husk strips I'm going to try the same with peppers. I washed fresh green, yellow and orange peppers and cut them into thin strips. In the freezer in ice cube trays for an hour to freeze then transfer to freezer bags. This is so they won't stick together in the bag. If this doesn't work then Bella is deemed the most stubborn anti pepper gp!

If diced into pellets the pellets either won't get eaten or she'll dump the bowl and pick out the pellets. She is gifted this way.
    Only thing Bella will eat are lettuce, radicchio, endive, and cuke. Zucchini and tomato are on the no list now.

Thanks
    Thanks
    7,394 Rec'd/5,897 Posts
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3983 Post(s)

Re: Bell peppers specifically

If you dice them small enough on the pellets, she can't help but eat some of them. For size, think about a pencil eraser cut into 12-15 pieces. Tiny pieces. She'll get enough to get used to them.

Thanks
    Thanks
    89 Rec'd/85 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    58 Post(s)

Mine loves the green peppers when they're frozen, so hopefully that works for you.

4. "Thank you, ItsaZoo, for this useful post," says:

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner Artista's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks
    570 Rec'd/439 Posts
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaZoo View Post
    Mine loves the green peppers when they're frozen, so hopefully that works for you.
    Oh good. Plus I read once they are cut they slowly start losing nutrients. So freezing preserves nutrients. Never occured to me before.

Thanks
    Thanks
    89 Rec'd/85 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    58 Post(s)

I usually have some pepper strips in the freezer. We had some really hot weather this summer and the frozen peppers must have tasted pretty good. And then I don't have to worry about running out of fresh peppers.

Thanks
    Thanks
    570 Rec'd/439 Posts
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaZoo View Post
    I usually have some pepper strips in the freezer. We had some really hot weather this summer and the frozen peppers must have tasted pretty good. And then I don't have to worry about running out of fresh peppers.
    Bella seems to be ok with the very thin linguini cut frozen strips. Just need to give 1 at a time. Kind of a pain in that way. Ate 1.5 strips. So not totally bonkers for it. I just noticed in Bianka's dish when thawed it is softer. Ugh. She was nuts about peppers but now it's a little then meh. I give up. They only love leaves items. Never a problem with lettuce, radicchio, endive. I'm wasting so much money on other veggies. So frustrating. I think I need to just think "whatever" if they don't eat other non leafy stuff. I don't know why I get worked up. I don't do anything near for myself that I worry about with them. Ugh

Thanks
    Thanks
    89 Rec'd/85 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    58 Post(s)

The rule is, they like it until you restock your supply. Then they're not interested anymore!

Thanks
    Thanks
    570 Rec'd/439 Posts
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)

So it seems the popsickle peppers which I call pepsickle is working with bella. These very warm days are assisting I'm sure. I give a couple thin strips in the am and 3 in late afternoon. I'll try another at night. Peppers are just not her thing. Bianka also isn't wolfing her diced ones down but she will eat some. Glad they both love kms fresh pellets or I'd be more stressed about the c!

Thanks
    Thanks
    570 Rec'd/439 Posts
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)

Cut raw zucchini in the freezer. We'll see if this works. Really want her to eat more than leafy stuff..

User Tag List