Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cleaning Bedding Not Drying

• Thread starter fancypointeshoe
  • Start date

fancypointeshoe

Cavy Slave
I just started using fleece bedding and have problems with the Uhaul layers drying. I used it for about a week and it worked just fine. The fleece was wicking so the top stayed dry and even the bottom layer of Uhaul (I folded one sheet in half) was also dry at the end of the week. But then I washed everything and now the Uhaul isn't drying and the fleece is also staying wet. Could I have messed up the Uhaul when I washed it?

Other info:
I washed everything on hot and used a non-scented detergent and no dryer sheets or fabric softener.
All fleece was prewashed. I tested it and it wicked well so I don't think that is the problem.

Please help! I don't want my piggy sitting on wet bedding.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Run it through another dryer cycle. Multiple layer bedding often won't dry in one cycle.

fancypointeshoe

Cavy Slave
It's wet because my guinea pig peed on it. Sorry I thought that was clear! Basically after washing everything, the UHaul pad isn't allowing the liquid to evaporate. It's been at least 24 hours and there are still spots where my piggy peed that haven't dried. When I used it last week, spots would stay damp for a few hours max and then everything would be back to normal. '

This is also the first time I've used fleece bedding so maybe this is just normal. Idk.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.