Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Carrier ideas for 3 pigs?

Lychee

Cavy Slave
Hello everyone! I'm pretty big into the prepping community. Unfortunately, I haven't really spent too much time in hurricane season prep (mostly been into isolation prep since moving last year and COVID). Does anyone have any recommendations for carriers that can fit 3 pigs? I realize that I will need 1 hand free for documents and other essentials. I am sorry if this was stickied or mentioned somewhere, I only noticed a thread on air travel in general.

Best wishes!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
It depends on your pigs. If they won't kill each other in a small space, a dog crate works well. If they don't get along well in small spaces, you may need two or even three carriers. In that case, a cat carrier will do.

But if it's only hurricanes you're worried about, you'll have time to move things. There's nothing unexpected about a hurricane -- you know it's coming, you know when it's coming, and you know pretty much where it's coming. I live on the Texas coast, and in the absence of any need to leave early, I wait until all the traffic is out of the way and then leave.

How close are you to the coast?

Lychee

Cavy Slave
I have 2 who get along in very small spaces (they previously shared a tiny pestered cage before I adopted them). I have a 3rd who sometimes gets into fights with one of the 2 after prolonged periods of time in a small space, but they do fine for a little while. I live in New York and do not have a car, so I have often had to use a carrer plus a cart on public transportation to get places. A carrier that is big enough would be good for general

Lychee

Cavy Slave
Sorry, seems that I got cut off. I was looking for a carrier that would be good for grabbing in a hurry such as with fires or something else as well. General use.

Lychee

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the advice, guys! I wasn't sure if I should be looking at hard plastic carriers initially due to fears about their paws being stuck in the grates on the door but I'm going to definitely look into them since they seem well received.

Artista

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Thanks for the advice, guys! I wasn't sure if I should be looking at hard plastic carriers initially due to fears about their paws being stuck in the grates on the door but I'm going to definitely look into them since they seem well received.

They are much easier to clean than a soft one too.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.