Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Advice wanted, I need to Rehome my Guinea Pigs but one of them is sick

SweetPeas

Cavy Gazer
I'm really in a tough spot right now, I'm not sure where to post this :sad:
I have two guineas, Pepper who is only 8 months old, and Cream who is 3 years old and suffering a respiratory infection

Ever since I started going to college and working, I'm not longer able to take care of them the way they should be. I realize even though I love them, I can no longer provide the attention and environment where they can thrive. I realized it too late and Cream is now sick

I'm nursing him back to health with critical care and antibiotics, along with probiotics but I'm not home during the day which means he won't be able to recover properly if I don't find help soon, and the only vet that sees Guineas is booked till the end of August

I'm not sure what to do, I want to find someone who is a Guinea lover and knows what they need and is willing and able to nurse a sick Guinea, but I don't know if someone would be willing to do so. Would it be bad to put try to rehome them right now?

I don't want to give them to an local shelter because I'm afraid they'll euthanize Cream
I don't know what to do or how to go about this, I need guidance

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Where are you? City/state, not your actual address.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.