Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Play Freestanding water bottle stand

Thunder

Cavy Slave
We have this playpen that Thunder goes in when we are home. Right now we are using a tissue box as a water bottle holder but I would like a more permanent holder because it doesn’t work the greatest. Do you have any ideas? Also another question do you think it stresses her out flipping between enclosures? She pop-corned the first time I put her in there. Sorry about it being sideways. EFE3E64A-5932-4D09-AFDB-9BAE359F1BBE.jpg

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
I don’t know about the water bottle holder, unless you could somehow use something like an overturned plastic bin for better stability.

I move my guinea pig between enclosures and I think it adds to mental stimulation and enrichment. Overnight I use a pet shop cage so if there is an emergency I can easily take her with food and water, rather than trying to catch her. During the day I have a 2x3 grid cage that I rearrange each day. Then a few times a week I set up a large grid play area on the floor.

Guinea pigs explore and remember routes and paths to run and be safe. Mine walks through and around everything forward and back so she knows the escape routes.

You would know if your pig were frightened or stressed, since she would hide and avoid contact. If she walks around exploring and if she’s eating, then she’s probably okay and enjoying the new surroundings.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Bent grids zip tied together can be an effective bottle stand.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.