Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General About the dust

XiaoXiao_Smart

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
Hello, this is the first post I have ever made. My piggie is about three years now. I always over-think stuff about my piggie. So please help me!

I have a question. Could you guys please answer it? So The vacuum cleaner may blow out some dust. Will it be processed by the vacuum cleaner engine, dust can not be cleaned by water. Because yesterday I touched a bath without washing used shower nozzle, shower today will rush out of the water adsorption on my arm, and then I got to do something guinea pigs on his water bottle mouth, and then after 24 hours, there will always be adsorption, and can't be cleaned, and then the influence is healthy, because of the accumulation of dust in his body?

XiaoXiao_Smart

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
Because I heard after vacuum cleaner will release some dust which is strong and cannot be cleaned by water and stick to the metal which is the spout of my guinea pig's water bottle.

XiaoXiao_Smart

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
Do I need to change to a new bottle spout?

Soecara

Cavy Slave
Hi. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe English is not your first language and you may be using a translator application? Your question is very unclear and doesn't make much sense. I don't know what kind of dust can't be washed away by water and how a vacuum plays into that.

However guinea pigs are evolved to live very close to the ground and would naturally have no doubt eaten dirt and various other substances while living their lives. Consuming small amounts of normal household dust, on their hay, in their pellets, or on their water bottle spouts shouldn't affect their health.

XiaoXiao_Smart

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
Sorry about the confusion. You are right. My first language is not English. I was too nervous yesterday. So I just used a translator.

I mean will the vacuum cleaner blow out some dust, and after this process the dust become harmful, and cannot be cleaned by water?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
You shouldn't have any problem. My vacuum doesn't blow out dust. And any dust you find should be able to just be wiped off. If it won't wipe off, it's not dust.

XiaoXiao_Smart

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
Will it be the case that from the high heat/temperature and radiation processing vacuum, vacuum blows out the harmful dust that cannot be easily cleaned by water?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
A good vacuum cleaner will not blow dust. Any dust inside the vacuum cleaner will not come in contact with a heat source. There is no radiation. It is perfectly safe to use a vacuum around guinea pigs, and thousands of us do so.

XiaoXiao_Smart

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
But I think the vacuum cleaner of mine is old enough so that it might blow dust?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.