Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Biting My guinea pig is biting me

K4tr1n4

Cavy Slave
When I was watching a movie I decided to get my guinea pig to sit on my lap for 10 min but then she started liking and nibble my finger and my leggings then she was hiding under the blanket near my arm and bit me hard enough to get me bleed a little it gutted a little but I thought it was an accident but then she bit my knee and that hurt and I let her go in her cage. And also she’s the one who’s aggressive to other guinea pigs and she usually sits by herself in the hidie and whenever other guinea is near she tends to bite them or scare them away.
8db06d57c308fd659b85f037b822d4e2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Are you letting her nibble your fingers? If so, how is she supposed to know not to bite your arm?

You should say "NO!" very sharply when she attempts to nibble, and move her from whatever she's nibbling on.

It's far easier to prevent a bad habit from forming with any animal (or person, for that matter) than it is to break the habit once it's established.

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
If she was sitting on your lap or being held for a while, she may be fussing because she has to go to the bathroom. Mine does that. She's fine for maybe 5 minutes, then she stares at me and pulls on my shirt like she's frustrated. She keeps it up until I put her in her cage. She immediately backs into a corner and goes. Then she's fine and comes to the front of the cage looking for attention again.

Soecara

Cavy Slave
sounds like she was fidgeting and trying to tell you she had enough of being out, and when she was ignored she tried a little more forcefully.

I had a sow who when she was done with lap time she would fidget, if i didn't put her back she would tug on my clothes, sometimes she would get a little bit more than my clothes in her mouth. Most of the time she was telling me she needed to pee, other times she just didn't want to be out anymore.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.