Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Rabbit cages ok for piggies?

Guineapigsyay

Cavy Slave
Hi there!

I know the usual rabbit cages are too small for rabbits, but are they big enough for guinea pigs? These are the dimensions! 39.5 L x 23.75 W x 19.75 H

Thanks!

The Pigs

Cavy Slave
Probably, depends on how many piggies you have :)

Guinea pigs need at least 8 feet for 2 so probably :)

Edited by bpatters: No, that is not large enough for even one guinea pig, much less two. @The Pigs, we take a lot of care in providing accurate information on this forum. Please do not answer without verifying that your answers are correct. The recommended cage sizes are on the main page of this site.

Last edited by a moderator:

PiggyLove23

Cavy Slave
Actually, that is only 6.5 square feet, which is below the bare minimum of 8 square feet. However, 10 square feet is recommended.

You could probably eventually find a rabbit cage large enough for guinea pigs, but the much better option would be a C&C cage. They are affordable, high-quality, and large enough for guinea pigs if you do at least a 2 x 3.

So you don't have to ask us next time, just take the length and width of the cage (in inches), multiply those, then convert that from square inches to square feet. If you get something less than 8, the cage is a bust.

I have been saying 8 square feet is the minimum, but that is for two pigs.

Last edited:

The Pigs

Cavy Slave
oh im sorry i didn't know im really sorry :(
ill research more next time--

PiggyLove23

Cavy Slave
Don't worry about it! You'll learn so much as you spend more time on this forum and with your guinea pigs.

Best of luck to you on your guinea pig adventure!

Guineapigsyay

Cavy Slave
Ok, I would do a c&c cage if I had the space, that’s why I’m trying to go with smaller cages, I’ll try to find a larger cage which’ll fit, hopefully.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.