Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Chat Please do NOT respond to spam posts!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Y'all, do me a favor and don't respond to spam posts at all. The people who post the spam will never see your response anyway, so it's useless. At the bottom of every post, there's a little icon (shaped like a triangle) to let you report a post. Please that instead.

When a spammer posts, the admins and mods can use a thing called Spam-O-Matic, which blocks the spammer forever, and reports them to a central database. That allows other spam blockers to see who they are, and take steps to block them.

But if you respond with another post, then the admins and mods have to go in and clean up YOUR post, as well as the spammers. We don't want to Spam-O-Matic you, because you'd then be blocked forever. But it causes more work for us.

Thanks.

Billie

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
At the bottom of every post, there's a little icon (shaped like a triangle) to let you report a post. Please that instead.

Thanks for posting this......especially since I'm one of the guilty parties. :eek:hmy: And all along I thought I was doing you a favor by calling your attention to it. Consider me chastened!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
No problem. It's not like the icon is intuitive or anything!

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
You're too kind. One would think that as long as I've been on the Forum that I would know about it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.