Thread: My baby Scooter. I will miss you so.

Thanks
    Thanks
    707 Rec'd/539 Posts
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quoted
    457 Post(s)

My baby Scooter. I will miss you so.

It is with the most profound grief I am here right now.

I still can't believe I'm here writing this.

24 hours ago, Scooter was standing at the bars begging for a treat when I got up for the day. Maybe a little tired looking, but considering what he'd been through he had days like that. He climbed the bars and chewed them, so insistent he was.

After his treat he went back into his cage, had some water and some pellets and went for a nap as usual. Around 10 am I decided it was time to change his bedding as I had a few minutes.

Immediately after changing the bedding, Scooter ran into his cage as he usually does and straight into the blue house. I wasn't quite done so I lifted it off him to shoo him out, and saw that he had peed. And there was red in it. I checked the old bedding and there were no stains so this was very new.

I immediately sent a photo to his vet tech, who told me the vet said to observe and message her if he did it again. Which he did at noon, brighter red this time. At this point I could not get hold of her again, nor could I reach the front desk. Tuesdays and Thursdays are surgery days there.

By 4pm he was in a piggie bed, fidgeting and in obvious discomfort. I got up, packed him in the carrier and sent him with my wife to the vet. I didn't care if there was no appointment.

Once there Dr Ker was gravely concerned. He wasn't sure if it was a UTI, or if his kidneys were shutting down. This was at 5pm. He got sub Q fluids, a shot of Baytril and was given more to come home with and he was to be back first thing in the morning. He arrived home at about 6pm.

Once home he spent his time on my chest, and it was obvious he was fading very, very fast. By 7:30 he had lost all muscle tone. He passed around 9:20pm, and a piece of my soul went with him.

I just don't have words to describe the grief. The loss. The emptiness. I put my soul into him for 9 months, and to have him ripped away like this is so damaging. So damn cruel.

I love you, Scooter. I miss you now, and I will miss you always. There is no way this world could ever extinguish your light but it is beyond my view now and it hurts so terribly.

Papa Sly and Punkin are waiting for you now, at the Rainbow Bridge. The sun is warm. The vegetables are fresh and you can have as many as you want now. The grass is green and delicious. And you will make new friends.

It is pain free there, and peaceful. God, I miss you so much already. I'm sorry.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200514_182558.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	118.3 KB 
ID:	87025Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20191019-WA0003.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	87026Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20191008-WA0019.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	87027Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190923_111631.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	122.0 KB 
ID:	87028
    Last edited by Guinea Pig Papa; 05-27-20 at 05:05 am.

Thanks
    Thanks
    8 Rec'd/7 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Re: My baby Scooter. I will miss you so.

You did your best. I am so sorry for your loss. He loved you very much and he knows you did your best.

3. "Thank you, Thunder, for this useful post," says:

Thanks
    Thanks
    103 Rec'd/94 Posts
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)

I'm so very sorry for your loss...
    Scooter was a gorgeous, unique piggy, and you told his special story so well. Anyone with the privilege to read it has gained so much knowledge to help their own guinea pigs with. I know I have.

It's never, ever easy; but I also know our fur babies live on in our hearts, and are never truly gone from us.
    This line has always spoken to me; it's part of a longer, beautiful poem: " Do not stand at my grave and cry/ I am not there/ I did not die "

Until the rainbow bridge ❤️

5. "Thank you, MerryFriarTuck, for this useful post," says:

Thanks
    Thanks
    7,330 Rec'd/5,842 Posts
    Mentioned
    2050 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3926 Post(s)

I am so sorry, @Guinea Pig Papa. RIP, Scooter. You had the great good fortune to live with one of the premier guinea pig caregivers of the world, and he'll miss you forever.

7. "Thank you, bpatters, for this useful post," says:

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    35 Rec'd/30 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

I am heartbroken to hear that Scooter passed. He was blessed to have you as his Papa. These little bundles of fur with huge personalities take a big place in our hearts and their loss leaves a bigger void. May peace be with you.

9. "Thank you, HunterRose13, for this useful post," says:

Thanks
    Thanks
    1,603 Rec'd/1,315 Posts
    Mentioned
    607 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1178 Post(s)

Fly free over the Rainbow Bridge, Scooter! You lived a blessed life with GPP as no one could have cared for you more.

GPP, my heart aches for you and your loss. I could say I know how you feel, but that doesn't do it justice. Each and every cavy occupies a unique place in our heart and when he leaves this world, that piece of our heart goes with him. And, in the beginning, it feels like a gaping hole. Fortunately, your heart is so big and full of love that you have room for more furry souls. Sending hugs and healing thoughts to you, Tam, and Leo.

11. "Thank you, spy9doc, for this useful post," says:

Thanks
    Thanks
    519 Rec'd/417 Posts
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quoted
    214 Post(s)

I am so sorry for your loss. I have no other words than what's been said before me, but Scooter was so lucky to have such a loving, diligent and caring owner. It never gets easier. Rest easy, Scooter.

13. "Thank you, sallyvh, for this useful post," says:

Thanks
    Thanks
    716 Rec'd/617 Posts
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Quoted
    383 Post(s)

Any words of condolences that I could say now seem so inadequate but please know that my thoughts are with you and your wife. Scooter was so special to all of us here on the forum. My heart really hurts for you and I cried when I read that Scooter had passed away. I know that I will always remember Scooter.

Thank you for sharing his life with us. You are such a dedicated and caring owner. Scooter lived a life full of joy and I know that he appreciated each and everything that you did for him. Rest In Peace, beautiful boy.

15. "Thank you, Kelsie, for this useful post," says:

Thanks
    Thanks
    33 Rec'd/31 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

I am very sorry about your loss of Scooter. I had read your post early this morning but was too sadden after reading it to write anything. Scooter was such a spunky pig and an important part of your family. He was well loved and had the best care all the way to the end.

Your love and care of your pigs have been an inspiration to me. In time, you will welcome another furry addition into the family to be a companion to Leo. Sending good thoughts your way to lessen the loss of Scooter during this most difficult period.

17. "Thank you, SSLee, for this useful post," says:

Thanks
    Thanks
    91 Rec'd/62 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)

I am so very sorry to hear about Scooter. His passing was hard to hear and I know this loss is incredibly hard on you.

You fought hard to give him the best care. You shared his journey with us and we cheered with you when he was doing well, as we mourn with you now with his passing.

I wish there were words to take away some of your pain right now as you have been an incredible help to me and others on this forum. And because of your gracious willingness to share Scooter's journey you will undoubtedly help many more people and guinea pigs who face similar challenges in the future. Thank you so very much for that.

Thank you as well for sharing the lovely pictures of Scooter...he was a very handsome little guy. He will be dearly missed. Take care.

19. "Thank you, Smileandnod, for this useful post," says:

Thanks
    Thanks
    13 Rec'd/11 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

I am so sorry...sending prayers and love your way.

21. "Thank you, LemonySnickers, for this useful post," says:

Thanks
    Thanks
    77 Rec'd/74 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)

My sympathy, GPP. Scooter was such a unique little guy and he had a wonderful life with you. I'm so sorry you have to go through this, take care of yourself.

23. "Thank you, ItsaZoo, for this useful post," says:

Thanks
    Thanks
    707 Rec'd/539 Posts
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quoted
    457 Post(s)

My favourite video of Scooter. I think it shows what a ham he was. No sound. No one needs to hear me talking.

25. "Thank you, Guinea Pig Papa, for this useful post," say these 4 members:

Thanks
    Thanks
    707 Rec'd/539 Posts
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quoted
    457 Post(s)

This is so wrong, on so many levels. But it's the only way it could be.

Together again, inseparable brothers.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200605_173212.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	130.2 KB 
ID:	87077

Thanks
    Thanks
    3 Rec'd/3 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That is so unbelievably beautiful but so unbelievably sad. Scooter is playing with Punkin across the Rainbow Bridge, brothers forever. Sending love your way.

28. "Thank you, PiggyLove23, for this useful post," says:

Thanks
    Thanks
    8 Rec'd/8 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

I am very sorry that Scooter and Punkin died.

30. "Thank you, urofan, for this useful post," says:

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner Artista's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks
    562 Rec'd/431 Posts
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Quoted
    337 Post(s)

I'm beyond crushed. Again, you poured your love and soul into your guinea pigs when they needed you the most. Again life became so unfair. Sly, Punkin and Scooter all knew how hard you fought for them and how much you loved them. Take comfort in that. We all look at you for an example of exemplary guinea pig care and wish every papa and momma were like you. God bless you. RIP dear Scooter in heaven with your brothers. Xxx

32. "Thank you, Artista, for this useful post," says:

User Tag List