Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Heya!

SuperK

Cavy Slave
Hello everyone! I've been visiting this site for a few years now but haven't had any pigs since so I never made an account. Well, I do have a pig now so I figured it would be a good time to join!
Last Friday I adopted Penelope (as her previous owner called her, but she's Penny to me). My fiancé works at a doggie daycare/boarding house and back over Spring Break some guy came in and wanted to board his guinea pig... but then he never came back for her. I thought about it for a while and after so much time passed and no one else adopted her I decided I was up for the job. When I went to pick her up I found out her previous owner had been keeping her in a plastic storage tub! :sad: She's still very young and she seems healthy so hopefully that didn't cause too many issues.

When I was a teenager I had my first and only other pigs, Tater Tot (2012-2017) and Chestnut (2012-2015). I made a lot of mistakes with them at first but I learned so much about guinea pig care and behavior from them and I still miss them every day :love:

Attached images of Penny (black and white), Tater Tot (tan and white), and Chestnut (brown and white)

Attachments

015846C2-6459-4C59-B7E1-A7E705B6155F_1_201_a.jpg F15DB964-44FF-4DE2-9160-CAB6DFF8EA70_1_201_a.jpg 64F6A397-8614-48BE-809C-D44EDEF22A49_1_201_a.jpg

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the Forum! Cute piggies.

As you have time, browse through previous posts as there is SO much information stretching back for about 15 years. Almost any question you have about cavy care can be found in the archives of the Forum. I think I spent the better part of three days doing just that to get up to speed with what actually goes on here. The Forum moves very quickly so don't get impatient if your don't get immediate answers......someone will come along and comment.

The veterans here on the list are pretty opinionated and are not shy about expressing those opinions. But the one thing that we all have in common is that we only want what is best for the health and happiness of our fur babies. You will soon learn who among us has good advice and those who may be misinformed. We love having new cavy owners among us and love to watch them grow in knowledge and confidence.

And, after you have gotten the information you need, do stick around to pass it along and pay forward all the help that you have received.

Pretty soon you will be a cavy slave too! :cool:

Cavy Gazer
Welcome to the Forum! Cute piggies.

As you have time, browse through previous posts as there is SO much information stretching back for about 15 years. Almost any question you have about cavy care can be found in the archives of the Forum. I think I spent the better part of three days doing just that to get up to speed with what actually goes on here. The Forum moves very quickly so don't get impatient if your don't get immediate answers......someone will come along and comment.

The veterans here on the list are pretty opinionated and are not shy about expressing those opinions. But the one thing that we all have in common is that we only want what is best for the health and happiness of our fur babies. You will soon learn who among us has good advice and those who may be misinformed. We love having new cavy owners among us and love to watch them grow in knowledge and confidence.

And, after you have gotten the information you need, do stick around to pass it along and pay forward all the help that you have received.

Pretty soon you will be a cavy slave too! :cool:

its amazing :love: :love::love::love:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.