Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Aggression Moved 2 pigs into new home and one started going haywire

agnes

Cavy Gazer
I just moved my two pigs into a 2x4 C&C cage and was very excited. But instantly aggression ensued. My younger pig, Stella, started being horrific and started mounting and teeth chattering at Agnes, my 2 year old piggy, instantly. They almost started fighting before I had to take Agnes out. In there old home, there was absolutely no fighting and they got on pretty well after a brief period of time. Stella has had a few incidents in which she has freaked out and started being horrible, and eventually calmed down after some alone time. Is this fighting common in a new home? And should I just let them sort it out? Or should I give Stella time alone in the home to get acclimated? I will add a picture of their cage for reference.

22E6112C-737B-492F-97F0-F9A6212F5D97.jpg

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Yep, a new home can set off all sorts of aggression.

You could try a buddy bath. The shared terror might make them get along a little better.

agnes

Cavy Gazer
Do you know how long the aggression lasts? I put Agnes back in and it is a little better. Doesn’t look like they are gonna bite each other but Stella is doing lots and lots of mounting.

agnes

Cavy Gazer
Ahhhh!! After mounting Agnes, Stella discharged a bunch of clear ooze????? I’m so confused.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Turn them both over and compare their genitalia. Sounds to me like you may have a male and a female.

The other possibility is that Stella is in heat and has just lost her mucus plug. Cross your fingers and hope for this option.

agnes

Cavy Gazer
I got Stella from a rescue and she can with paperwork and everything. I compared their privates when I first got her and I’m next to certain she is a girl. At least I really really hope so. After the discharge, she calmed down significantly???

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
To the OP, note the current thread "Possibly Pregnant......" where I just posted pics of male & female genitals. Try to duplicate the lighting and angle of those pics.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.