Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Bloated GI, severe bloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepperpumpkin

Cavy Gazer
Hi,
my pig Pumpkin is back from the vet after 2 days of staying. I decided to bring him back as he is a really timid pig and i think he was rather uncomfortable being in a different environment alone, he didn’t even want to sleep lying down, just standing and drooping his head.

The doctor has prescribed a lot of medicine, one of it is Simethicone every 2hours. I saw some people saying online that this isn’t good for pigs as it collects the bubbles into one large one and it’s harder for them to expel as they can’t burp? is that true? What should i ask my vet to replace with if so. My pig Pumpkin is still not eating so i’ve been syringe feeding him, but he has finally produced some poop after many days!
i tried to massage his stomach but he squeaks and keep turning away or lying down so it’s hard, and i don’t know if it’s working as i can’t hear any gas being passed?
Also, is it okay to keep my him separated from his other mate, but letting them play together 2-3 times a day, though pumpkin is mostly sleeping due to his bloat. Or should i keep them together? But it’ll be hard to keep track of his stool production.
Any help is appreciated.
Thank you!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
@pepperpumpkin, at the top of the page in the medical forum is this instruction:

[h=3]*ONE* thread per Pig in the Med Forum![/h]

It makes it too hard for people to keep up with what's going on with your pig if they have to chase all over the forums to find what you've posted before.

I'm closing this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.