Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello everyone! I'm Savy

gess789

Cavy Slave
Hey guys I'm Savy and i have 2 beautiful boys. Fresha and Napoleon. both about 7 months old. Fresha has ringworm right now but we are treating them both and it looks like hes recovering.
I've have Cavies for about a month so I'm a new owner and would be happy for advice. something id relly love advice on is how to pick them up. i was trying to let them get use to me and be slow and wouldn't pick them up everyday. but now i have to to give them there medications.
advice would be helpful!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Welcome! Here's some recommended reading for new pig owners: https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/threads/113176-Information-for-new-guinea-pig-owners

To pick them up, gently shoo them into a box with a door cut in one end, or into a corner. Lift them with one hand underneath and one on top, or hold their back against your chest.

Don't leave them alone on anything off the floor. Their eyes are on the sides of their heads, and they have almost no depth perception. A small jump and a large jump are all the same to them, and they can get badly injured by leaping off a couch or a bed.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.