Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Sick Strange Sound?

PiggieLover101

Cavy Slave
Hello! Just a bit of background, we got our piggie Winter a couple of weeks ago, and a couple days ago she started making this sound every once and a while. She also sounded a bit congested at times, but mostly that has went away. We don’t keep them together because they fight a lot, even though the bars of the playpen they will aggressively teeth chatter, hiss & raise their hackles. (They have jumped at each other multiple times. Today though, the chattering didn’t last long, and now they keep laying down next to each other in the playpen, and Winter started up again. I’m not exactly sure what this means. I have heard that a “hooing” can mean heart problems, but this sounds a bit different than the videos I’ve watched.

https://youtu.be/2Bgl_imCb90

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I can't hear anything on the video.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I had headphones on. This sounds like the same noise Scooter makes when he's agitated with me handling him.

PiggieLover101

Cavy Slave
Okay, so it’s most likely just a noise they make when they’re annoyed. Makes sense since they just about hate each other (which is strange because they lived the first 4-5 days in the same cage with only a bit of regular dominance, then after a bit they started to full-on fight). I’ve been worrying so much about her since I heard her a bit congested a couple days ago. Although our most recent hay bags have been very dusty. I’ll take a deep breath ��
If anyone else thinks it means something else, I would like your opinions!

Loralay93

Cavy Slave
When my piggy is on my lap and wants to go to poop, she makes this sound. I believe it is like a warning so nothing to worry about ��

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.