Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Finding a good cage?

tilly

Cavy Slave
I have 2 guinea pigs and I have a cage that’s too small. I need help finding a cage that can be live outside. Any ideas for cages?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'm as concerned about the fact that you're planning on putting them outside as I am about the cage size. Guinea pigs are very susceptible to heat stroke, and can die at temperatures above the mid-eighties. There's also no way to protect them from stinging and biting insects, and sometimes larger animals can break into cages.

Is there some reason you're not keeping them in the house?

tilly

Cavy Slave
I'm as concerned about the fact that you're planning on putting them outside as I am about the cage size. Guinea pigs are very susceptible to heat stroke, and can die at temperatures above the mid-eighties. There's also no way to protect them from stinging and biting insects, and sometimes larger animals can break into cages.

Is there some reason you're not keeping them in the house?

The last 4 guinea pigs I’ve had have been kept outside and they were fine as we bring them inside if it’s to hot and give them ice packs and sometimes cucumber and other cold veggies and also because we live in an apartment and are unavailable to keep them inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.