Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Lump Lump on the back

hoaxy

Cavy Gazer
Hello, everyone!
My girl is 4 1/2 years old. Today I found hard lump on her back. It seems to be fixed. She doesn't seem to be bothered by it, her weight hasn' t dropped. We are currently in quarantine so it's difficult going to the vets right no. Do anyone have any suggestion what it is? 20200419_162313.jpg

tilly

Cavy Slave
Hello, everyone!
My girl is 4 1/2 years old. Today I found hard lump on her back. It seems to be fixed. She doesn't seem to be bothered by it, her weight hasn' t dropped. We are currently in quarantine so it's difficult going to the vets right no. Do anyone have any suggestion what it is?View attachment 86904

Is it possible that it’s a tick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
If it's a tick you should be able to see legs.

It could be a wart or a sebaceous cyst. I'd keep a close eye on it for a couple of weeks and see if it changes size.

hoaxy

Cavy Gazer
A second lump appeared today. It's bigger and it's under the arm. How could multiple lumps appear one after another in such a short time. I'm going to look for a working vet around us.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Multiple lumps could appear because warts can spread, certain diseases can cause lumps, or just because it's an odd coincidence.

But you should be able to find an exotic vet. Don't waste time with a "small animal" vet -- they're only trained in the care of cats and dogs, not pocket pets, and some of them are downright dangerous.

The vets around here are seeing patients. You make an appointment, text them when you're in the parking lot, they come get the animal, the vet does an examination and talks to you on the phone, and they bring the pet back to you.

hoaxy

Cavy Gazer
UPDATE:
We went to the vets this morning. The lump on the back (in the picture) was fatty lump - they punctured it and extracted the puss. They punctured the lump on the side to check it but there was no puss. It was very difficult with my fierce girl. They think it is either inflammation or tumors, cysts and abscesses are ruled out. They prescribed a course with antibiotics and anti-inflammatory to handle if it's an infection and a checkup next week. If it doesn't respond to treatment we'll assume that it's tumor. They told me that we can make histology but there are risks since she is not that young anymore, so if she is doing fine, we'll leave it be.

tilly

Cavy Slave
I hope that your girl gets better soon and that there’s no tumors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.