Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Sick I think my young pig might have a URI....not sure tho

Amichalski

Cavy Gazer
Hello! This pig is about 2 months old and he’s male. He’s only been with us for a couple days...we are waiting to bond him with my older piggy. Anyways he seems to be sneezing a lot and it looks like he has green mucus on his nose. (Could be hay or lettuce) It’s not nearly as loud as when my big pig sneezes so I suppose I could be mistaking this sound for something else. Then again, he’s still veryyyy young. I could be wrong since this is a new environment for him. Should I be concerned? Either way the vet doesn’t open until Monday what should I do?

Amichalski

Cavy Gazer
Oh ALSO he’s eating and drinking perfectly normal. I think I’ll probably take him to the vet regardless because he hasn’t been yet. But will he be okay until then if he down in fact have a URI?:(

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
If he's sneezing a lot and has green mucus on his nose...........your initial assessment is likely correct. Keep a close eye on him, and get him to a cavy savvy vet as quick as you can. URI's can turn deadly at the drop of a hat.

The sound may not be him sneezing, it could also be him coughing.

Spotakiss

Cavy Slave
Oh ALSO he’s eating and drinking perfectly normal. I think I’ll probably take him to the vet regardless because he hasn’t been yet. But will he be okay until then if he down in fact have a URI?:(

As someone else said get him to a cavy savvy vet as soon as possible because if it sounds like what it is if you wait too long it could turn to ammonia and uri and ammonia are very deadly very fast for piggies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.