Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Abscess GUINEA PIG ABSCESS DRIED UP! He's acting weird!

MowgliNSylvstr

Cavy Gazer
Hi I'm new to this website and saw so much advice you guys give. My guinea pig Sylvester went to the vet bc he had a abscess under his chin they drained it and the vet hasn't gave me any antibiotics.. is that bad? The vet told me to just keep the wound clean and they wanted it open but did not told me to drain it or anything did not give me a syringe to drain it after what I have been reading about how to keep it open.. now it's all dried up and I can feel still a little lump under his chin. Please help, I might have to bring him back but I need advice .

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
The way you keep a wound open is to flush it -- your vet should have given you a syringe and instructions. And an abscess requires antibiotics, whereas a cyst usually does not.

If this was an exotic vet and you trust him/her, I'd take him back and ask why I wasn't given the equipment to do what they told me to do, and instruction on how to do it.

It's likely to recur at some point.

cash_zorro_2020

Cavy Gazer
Soory I am new to this website how exactly do you make posts to ask questions.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Click on Forums at the top of the page.

Pick a forum.

Click on the Post New Thread button.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.