Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Play Floor time and baths?

Thor and Moon

Cavy Slave
Hi! Please answer if you can. So I have two male guinea pigs and I was wondering about play time. Should I take them out of there c&c cage and let them run around the room? Should I keep them in there cages and just pet them? I would like to add that my pigs are not tamed and usually don't like being touched. Is there an easier way i can pick them up and put them on my lap without me having to chase them around there cage, grab them, and make them think I'm murdering them? If I do give them floor time do I put toys around the room?

Also quick side note, when should I give my pigs a bath, how often, and what kind of shampoo should I use? Thanks

ChinandLacey

Cavy Slave
If you're able to, you should try to give your guinea pigs floor time, since it gives them a chance to run around and explore. To make it easier to pick them up, you can herd one into a closed-bottom tube or hidey and then pick that up.

When I let mine out for floor time I block off a section of the room with spare grids so that they can't go under anything. I also made my cage so that one grid can swing out and I made a ramp to go over the coroplast so they can go in and out of the cage themselves. I also scatter veggies around the room to give them something to find.

Thor and Moon

Cavy Slave
If you're able to, you should try to give your guinea pigs floor time, since it gives them a chance to run around and explore. To make it easier to pick them up, you can herd one into a closed-bottom tube or hidey and then pick that up.

When I let mine out for floor time I block off a section of the room with spare grids so that they can't go under anything. I also made my cage so that one grid can swing out and I made a ramp to go over the coroplast so they can go in and out of the cage themselves. I also scatter veggies around the room to give them something to find.

Thanks

KyKyMarie77

Cavy Slave
This is one topic I tend to disagree with people on, but Guinea Pigs need baths. I suggest 2-4 times a year. I suggest watching this video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wgmMgoTpGF8

if my link doesn’t work, you search the ultimate guinea pig bathing by saskia that should be it

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.