Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

We Miss You, Nugget

hkwalker1

Cavy Slave
I looked for weeks to find little texel babies. You were the last left available in your litter, just born a few days prior. I knew you were the perfect guy for our family. I picked you up a few weeks later. We drove 5 hours in a terrible, terrible storm to pick you up. I’ve never drove in such terrible weather. You were 3 weeks old on the dot, born March 24th. We decided, on the way home, you were Nugget.

You were the happiest, most wonderful guinea pig I’ve ever met. Even when your brothers fought and squabbled, I would hear your out-of-place happy chirps above it all. You were never nasty a day in your life. Your personality was so full of life, you were the biggest lover. I don’t want to say I had a favorite, but I chose you to get tattooed on me.

2 weeks ago, you started to sick. You were on four different medications, but nothing worked. Putting you down was the hardest decision I’ve ever had to make, but you weren’t yourself anymore. There was nothing you or I or anyone could do to help you anymore. You were just 10 days shy of your 1st birthday. There hasn’t been a day that’s gone by that I haven’t missed you. I love you forever and ever, Nugget. I picked out the prettiest urn for you, it has your name engraved on it.

7C61E508-92A7-42A1-91CD-DBECCDBF6DCF.jpgFF78A9BA-7E33-4BE6-9502-6AAE57D1B7D0.jpg430BEEBB-2615-4AB6-AD0C-F621E000BBDF.jpg76391F2B-8692-4217-A7CB-F2F0E509927D.jpg

SSLee

Cavy Slave
I am so sad to read that Nugget passed and at such a young age. What a sweet piggy Nugget was and he will forever be close to your heart.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
There are no words to describe fighting for a pig through an illness, and then ultimately having to make the decision to let them go. Knowing how badly that it hurts, and knowing that it is the kindest thing you can do for them.

There are all kinds of new friends at the Rainbow Bridge, Nugget. I hope you find them and have yourself some fun in the sun. One day, your dad will come and find you again and take you home forever.

Rest in peace, little man. Know how much you are loved.

LaVitaEBella

Cavy Slave
My heart, I can feel how hard it is to say goodbye to such a beautiful creature.
Rest in peace Nugget know that you have been loved. :love:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.