Thanks
    Thanks
    79 Rec'd/64 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

Who has good hay right now?

I know it's a bad time of year to be hay shopping, but I'm trying to get my supply restocked on the chance that corona virus starts to affect shipping across state lines.

I just got a 60-lbs box from Small pet select, but I opened it up and it's just garbage. (Guess I should have known better than to buy a big box at this time of year.) I emailed them and they've offered me the choice between a store credit or a replacement. Has anybody bought hay recently? Would I maybe have better luck buying several smaller quantities at this time of year rather than a big box?

Thanks everyone! 😁

Thanks
    Thanks
    7,315 Rec'd/5,830 Posts
    Mentioned
    2041 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3904 Post(s)

Re: Who has good hay right now?

The size of the package has nothing to do with it, and the time of year has very little to do with it. Any hay being sold now was harvested and packaged last summer and fall, and has been sitting in storage since then.

Your best bet is to take a picture and send it to SPS and see if they'll fix the problem. Or to try to buy hay locally so you can see it before you purchase it.

Thanks
    Thanks
    97 Rec'd/88 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)

You might have already seen it, but everyone has been chatting about all the different hays in this thread! https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum...all-Pet-Select We've been stocking up on everything for out two piggies as well. They love the Oxbow hay, which has been very nice quality, and we got the really big box of it from a local privately owned pet store.

4. "Thank you, MerryFriarTuck, for this useful post," says:

Thanks
    Thanks
    79 Rec'd/64 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MerryFriarTuck View Post
    You might have already seen it, but everyone has been chatting about all the different hays in this thread! https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum...all-Pet-Select We've been stocking up on everything for out two piggies as well. They love the Oxbow hay, which has been very nice quality, and we got the really big box of it from a local privately owned pet store.
    I had not seen it! Thank you for the link!

User Tag List