Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Bedding help

Hi I just got my 2 guys on Monday and so far using wood shavings.. I wanted to know some other options.. pro & cons of all the options.. including the wood shavings.. thank you so much!

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    19 Rec'd/19 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)

Re: Bedding help

Quote Originally Posted by Mjohnson52 View Post
    Hi I just got my 2 guys on Monday and so far using wood shavings.. I wanted to know some other options.. pro & cons of all the options.. including the wood shavings.. thank you so much!
    Aspen wood is the only truly safe wood for piggies (and other small critters.) Many people have success with the aspen shavings, but personally I won’t use wood. I use paper bedding (like Carefresh) only. Reason being every single time I would switch to wood from the paper to save some money, my piggies would get breathing issues and/or itchiness. It isn’t that way for everyone, just my personal bad luck with it. Fleece is another good option and a big money saver, I don’t use it because my husband prefers not to have piggy laundry in his washer. Not a big deal to me, but it makes him happy so I don’t. I will let the fleece bedding users (there are a lot of them here) explain the how too’s of making it work well.

User Tag List