Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Shaking when held but no other sounds

• Thread starter Guinepigmom_2.0
  • Start date

Guinepigmom_2.0

Cavy Slave
I’ve been holding my youngest guinea pig while snuggling and all he does is shake like vibrating shaking of his body.

he doesn’t make any other noises or sounds.

his brother is more vocal when having lap time lol

but should I be worried with the youngest one just shaking and not really being as vocal as his brother ?

petluv

Cavy Slave
My piggy did that when we first got her almost 3 months ago. For the first 6-8 weeks. Now she just gets squirmy if I pick her up or hold her too long. She’s like mommy that’s all I’m giving you so put me back or I’m going myself. lol

Guinepigmom_2.0

Cavy Slave
My piggy did that when we first got her almost 3 months ago. For the first 6-8 weeks. Now she just gets squirmy if I pick her up or hold her too long. She’s like mommy that’s all I’m giving you so put me back or I’m going myself. lol

so maybe he’s not very touchy feely kind of guy?

Guinepigmom_2.0

Cavy Slave
Update: over the weekend, I gave Jon a bath, not only does he have more luscious and soft fur, but he was smelly but now looks good and healthy! He was recovering from ringworm...
The shaking has stopped, and he now enjoys burrowing inside my sweater pouch pockets.

Maybe the shaking was just a nervous thing? I'm still not sure why he was shaking but now is nothing but a lovey dovey little guy..
. IMG_3951.jpgIMG_3955.jpg

little snuggle butt and he is no longer shaking
60539689533__46F72129-E16C-40F8-AA2D-390A9D1258F7.jpg

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.