Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cleaning Washing fleece? Can I put it in a pillow case?

PippathePig

Cavy Gazer
What does everyone wash their fleece with? Do you put it in a pillow case, or just wash it like you would a regular load of laundry? Do you use any bleach? Unscented detergent? Need advice. If I put one fleece in a pillow case, would it still get cleaned properly or no? Hubby is a little hesitant of just throwing them in our washer and dryer lol!

PippathePig

Cavy Gazer
Also, I don't know if it matters as to the answer, but does it matter that my washer does not have hot water ran to it?

petluv

Cavy Slave
I have read that some people put them in multiple large mesh laundry bags, if your worried about leftover hay bits. I use litter (also cause of hubby and the washer:p ). so have no other ideas but I remember hearing that.

ETA if he is super picky, then maybe run a load of water with those laundry washer cleaning tabs? After the piggy things are out. That’s a lot of extra water but if it keeps marital peace then it might be worth it. :eek:

SSLee

Cavy Slave
I put it in the wash directly using All Free & Clear (or similar) detergent and add vinegar to the final rinse. I usually do 2-3 loads each weekend and for the load containing Guinea Dad brand liners, due to the material in the liner, it has to be a cold water wash. For the other loads, I wash in hot water. If you are concerned about residual impact from piggy laundry, some members on this site run an extra rinse cycle afterwards before using it again for human laundry.

PippathePig

Cavy Gazer
Thank you both for the responses, very helpful and appreciated!

PippathePig

Cavy Gazer
If I'm being honest, like I told my husband, all of my kids clothes are probably just as hard on our washer haha! I do between 8-10 loads of clothes a week for everyone in the household. Sometimes I find gum, wrappers, sticks, you name it, that comes out of their pockets :) . I think I'm just going to wash it loose like I would my clothes. I want to ensure its clean. To appease my husband I have told him I will do a clean rinse whatever its called, where you don't put anything in it but throw in cleaner and it cleans everything out, after I was the piggie fleece. Long day at work so far, can't even think of what its called lol.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.