Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello! New Guinea pig mom of 2 Boys!

Guinepigmom_2.0

Cavy Slave
Hello World,

I have recently took on two boys from local pet store . it was sad how they were kept in there and i wanted to take them home so i did.

Now a week later, my boys have developed ringworm which is a dry patch of skin with scratches, and missing fur. The breeder that the pet store received them from, probably didn't take good care of them therefore the symptoms didn't show till a week later after they arrived at the store.
Being a worried and loving person, i am taking my boys to the vet after work. I was responsible and called the pet store at which i got them from and told them. With my call, they found couple more babies with the ringworm condition. It is very unfortunate and i hope they treat them soon! Poor babies!!!

I am excited though to take on this journey and i hope my two sweet boys will be themselves again.

Their names are Jon Snow (white 100%) and Robert Stark (white with brown)....I am game of thrones fan therefore the names seemed suitable.

Guinepigmom_2.0

Cavy Slave
606A7E8E-A025-435E-9F2D-60B4D58CEADA.jpgIMG_3575.jpgIMG_3585.jpgIMG_3587.jpg
these are my goofy boys. robert is in the sleepy towel lap time, and job likes to do his own thing and eat mostly. he's not very touchy feely kinda guy but i do try to have lap time with him when possible....right now both boys are going through treatment for ringworm and fungus. i loe them and hope to get them back to their health.

PippathePig

Cavy Gazer
Welcome! What cuties!

Guinepigmom_2.0

Cavy Slave
Welcome! What cuties!

Robert's favorite spot on me is snuggles near my neck inside my hoodie sweater.
i miss this with him but till he's better i gotta be patient and wait...sigh
IMG_3616.jpg

PippathePig

Cavy Gazer
He definitely is a cutie. I hope he heals soon!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.