Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hello - I知 a new piggy mummy of Adopted 4 year old

Hi everyone,

just wanted to pop in and say hi, I知 a new piggy mummy of a 4 year old little cutie, he痴 adopted as he needed a forever home.
    I met him on Wednesday and instantly knew I need to give him the family that he needed. We have named him Bobby and he has settled in really well, he痴 already starting to sleep outside his house, he loves cucumber, spinach, cabbage and cauliflower leaves, not so keen on turnip.

im looking forward to learning everything there is to now about guinea pigs so we can give Bobby that home he really deserves.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	95A7A24B-3AAE-419D-96FF-78A626490155.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	163.2 KB 
ID:	86706 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B83D9719-B168-4E83-B654-ECB959148E61.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	134.3 KB 
ID:	86707

Thanks
    Thanks
    696 Rec'd/601 Posts
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quoted
    371 Post(s)

Re: Hello - I知 a new piggy mummy of Adopted 4 year old

Aww, he's a cutie. Thank you so much for giving him a home. Is he your first guinea pig?

I also wanted to welcome you to the forum. It's so nice to have both you and Bobby here.

Thanks
    Thanks
    7,283 Rec'd/5,802 Posts
    Mentioned
    2036 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3847 Post(s)

Welcome! He's a cutie!

Here's some recommended reading for new pig owners: https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum...nea-pig-owners.

And a word of warning: cucumber, spinach, cabbage and cauliflower leaves can all cause stomach upsets. I'd stick to mostly red or green leaf lettuce and only one or two other veggies until he has time to get settled in. Then you can add one veggie at a time and see how he reacts to it before adding another.

Thanks
    Thanks
    87 Rec'd/78 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

He's such a beautiful piggy!! That's so awesome you rescued him! It's great he's settling in so fast, too. Sleeping outside his hidey house is a big sign of trust

My piggies' daily veggies are Red or Green leaf lettuce and green and yellow bell peppers ( bell peppers are very important so your piggy gets enough vitamin C... piggies also love them! ). And as treats every other day or so I give mine cucumber, cilantro, baby carrots, etc.
    Spinach, cabbage, cauliflower, and turnip leaves are all either gassy or high in calcium. If a piggy eats them every day, they can cause issues like bloating and sometimes bladder/kidney stones because of the excess calcium. They're ok as treats maybe once in a while, but not good everyday.

bpatters' link is fantastic, and one of the links it leads to is a great veggie table where you can look up how often to feed different veggies This site also helped me as a new piggy owner: www.guineapigmanual.com

User Tag List