Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Chat Be honest...do you eat as well as your pigs?

petluv

Cavy Slave
Soooo...I have been spending a lot of money on one of the best quality pellets and hay for my piggy. I always search for the best looking veggies and make sure she eats just the right amount of each for optimal health.

It got me to thinking do I eat as well as my piggy? lol (Not too much, not too little, just the right amount and balance of high quality foods and plenty of fresh veggies and fruit, whole grains and all that good stuff.) The answer is NO. :eek: Guilty as charged. My piggy officially eats better than I do. lol Does make you think twice about what you eat (for a while anyway until those goodies tempt you to eat otherwise. :p)

Does anyone else's piggies officially eat better than they do? lol

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
I have a lot more salads and make more veggie soup from scratch since I have all this produce around the house. And when Lacey gets veggies, the dog wants his cut so he gets a piece of carrot or cuke.

MaiaBex

Cavy Slave
I'd say Tannim probably eats better than I do, but I am eating better than I did before I adopted him -- like ItsaZoo said, the produce around the house encourages me to eat more salads myself. Now if I could only break this addiction to potato chips and nutty bars... :cool:

PippathePig

Cavy Gazer
No I eat horribly, although I am trying to reform my diet a bit. I make sure my piggies get a very balanced diet. I'm very picky about making sure they have the appropriate amount of everything, from hay (unlimited), to pellets (not too much, not too little), and veggies and fruits. I literally have a chart that shows what to feed them on what days and I buy fresh 2x a week at the local grocery store. People probably think I'm pretty healthy from what I buy. But my piggies eat it, not me haha!

SSLee

Cavy Slave
My piggies do eat better than I do and now I'm familiar with a much wider range of vegetables than I used to be. I look for the best hay and pellets. As to veggies, I also spend a lot of time picking the best produce available and buy organic when possible. At the farmers market the vendors are always astonished when I mention it is for my guinea pigs. One even remembers me as being "the guinea pig lady" and he was nice enough to save me vegetable scraps, which I had to discard later as it did not meet my standard. But I didn't want to hurt his feelings so took them anyway.

I have a sweet tooth which I'm trying to curb since I'm pre-diabetic. The piggies set a good example and if only I can follow their lead.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.